As part of our goal to collaborate with influential organisations from across the built environment, we are pleased to be supporting Mentoring Circle www.mentoringcircle.co.uk. Run by Vanessa Murray and Ceri Moyers, Mentoring Circle has been established with the goal of changing the culture and composition of the real estate industry through improving gender balance at senior leadership level.
The programme takes 100 mentee applicants each year from across the built environment and matches them one to one with a senior female mentor for a minimum of four mentoring sessions per year.
Traditional mentoring schemes tend to focus on either the most junior or the most senior talent, but Mentoring Circle is targeting the mid-senior level (typical age profile is 25-35) where research shows that our industry has the biggest challenge in terms of retention. Mentoring Circle’s programme aims to equip their mentees with the confidence, skills and connections to achieve their career goals and define and achieve success on their own terms.
The broader 12-month programme also provides:
- 8 thought leadership guest speaker events both in person and online;
- two networking parties; and
- a two-day Emerging Leadership training programme.
Applications for the 2024 cohort will open on 1st November 2023 and close at the end of January 2024 via the Mentoring Circle website: www.mentoringcircle.co.uk. Successful applicants will be notified mid-February and mentee/mentor pairings will be announced prior to the 2024 programme launch on International Women’s Day.
With regards to eligibility:
- Applicants must have sufficient post qualification experience – this translates to 5-8 years work experience either post university graduation or graduate scheme. This is to ensure applicants have sufficient experience and perspective to inform a challenge requiring mentor support.
- Anyone who is already part of another structured internal or external training scheme is not eligible to apply until that has completed.
If you would like any further information on Mentoring Circle please contact Ceri or Vanessa direct at [email protected].