Important information and who we are
Our Site is operated by Emma Vigus Ltd registered in England under Company number 13551583 (England and Wales) Registered Address Craig Farm, Coughton, Ross on Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 5SF. Telephone number: 07736 821921. Email address: [email protected] Information Commissioner’s Office Registration: ZB306055
What does this policy cover?
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What are my Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 10.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact us first, using the details in Part 10.
What Personal Data do you collect and how do you collect it?
We only process information necessary to:
- establish or maintain membership or support of WIRP
- administer WIRP organised events
Subject to the following exceptions, we do not collect any personal data from you. We do not place cookies on your computer or device, nor do we use any other means of data collection.
- Where you have chosen to become a WIRP member, we will store your name, company name (where applicable) and email address for the purposes of sending you occasional emails regarding forthcoming WIRP events. You can ask us to delete or amend your details at any time by contacting us.
- By registering for our events you are giving consent for us to hold your details for the purposes of contacting you regarding the event you have registered to attend. All information held is used for internal purposes only and will not be disclosed to third parties unless you have expressly granted permission for us to do so.
- Our site collects certain information automatically, including your IP address, the type of browser you are using, and certain other non-personal data about your computer or device such as your operating system type or version, and display resolution.
- If you send us an email, we may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
The lawful basis under the Data Protection Legislation that allows us to use such information is article 6(1)(f) of the UK GDPR which allows us to process personal data when it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, in this case, the organisation of events and the proper operation and functionality of this website. In asking to be added to our members database you consent to our use of your personal data to contact you. In this case, our lawful basis for using your personal data will be article 6(1)(a) of the UK GDPR, which allows us to use your personal data with your consent for a particular purpose or purposes.
How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Where we collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Legislation at all times. For more details on security see Part 7, below.
Any emails containing your personal data will be deleted no later than 6 months after the subject matter of your email has been resolved and no other personal data will be retained for any longer than is necessary.
How and Where Do You Store My Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions.
- Where you have given explicit consent to be introduced to another WIRP member.
- We outsource the management and/or administration of WIRP to a third party. In this instance you will be asked to give consent prior to your data being transferred.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 20 working days of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Contact name: Emma Vigus
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 07736 821921
Postal address: Craig Farm, Coughton, Herefordshire, HR9 5SF.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.